Keys to English is an exciting NEW course that has been developed for the NEW Zimbabwean Curriculum. The course is written by leading Zimbabwean education professionals to ful¬l the needs of the Zimbabwean learner. The course covers four years of Secondary Education (Forms 1-4) and aims to develop learners’ communication skills.
In Keys to English, all listening activities are carefully graded to ensure that all the students get the opportunity to meaningfully participate in communicative situations. It is a participatory course that draws on learners’ prior knowledge and on the fact that each learner has something to contribute to the learning process.
The Learner’s Books offer:
• Relevant and realistic topics to which the Zimbabwean learner can relate
• A variety of written material, namely, dialogues, descriptive and narrative passages as well as some authentic texts
• Work plans at the beginning of the book to help with navigation and revision
• A variety of drawings and photographs to encourage understanding
• Term and Unit opener pages to make learning logical and easy
• Assessment and Examination sections to help improve results.
The Teacher’s Guides offer:
• Clear guidelines and teaching tips for teachers to save time
• Answers to activities to make teaching easy
• Help in teaching learners with different abilities and needs to keep everyone engaged and happy
• Activities that test knowledge and understanding on a variety of cognitive levels using Barrett’s and/or Bloom’s taxonomy
• Assessment rubrics for longer transactional texts.